Root-Slag is a by-product of the process of smelting ore, which separates the desired metal fraction from the unwanted fraction and consists largely of Limestone or Dolomite which has absorbed Phosphate from the iron ore during the smelting process. Due to its’ slowly released Phosphate content and liming effect, Root-Slag is regarded as a valued fertiliser within today’s farming systems.
The Benefits of Root-Slag
- Calcium Content – higher than most other liming products;
- Improved Soil Fertility – slow release of Calcium and Phosphate;
- Supplies beneficial trace elements including Vanadium, Boron, Molybdenum, Sulphate, Magnesium, Copper, Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Cobalt, and Selenium;
- Improvements in crop yield, pasture quality and animal wellbeing;
- Available all year round;
- Easily applied with a conventional lime spreader.
Product only available in bulk.
Typical Data for Root-Slag
Dry Matter: 95%
Neutralising Value: 50% >
Calcium (Ca): 34%
Phosphate (P₂O₅): 2.5%
Magnesium (Mg): 2.5%
Manganese (Mn): 2%
Particle Size: 4mm to dust